Fresh Peas are divine…and I can’t believe I’m saying that because I hated peas as a child. But, I’ve since learned that fresh peas are a totally different story. So when I saw a big bushel of them this past week at Migliorelli's Farm stand, I knew I’d be going home with some. Spring Garlic is also in season, so I grabbed a bunch of that too.
This recipe is really easy once you shell the peas. You could transform this recipe into a pasta dish but I like to really taste the peas so I eat them just like this. I had them this morning with some eggs for breakfast and I have to say it was a great way to start the day.
- 1/2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Bulb Spring Garlic – thinly sliced
- 1 Slice Prosciutto – thinly sliced
- 1 Cup of Shelled Fresh Peas
- 1/4 Cup Water
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
Directions:Heat the olive oil and butter in a saute pan. Add the garlic and prosciutto and cook until both are golden. Stir in the peas and add the water. Cook until the peas are tender but still bright green and the water has reduced to create a sauce, about 3-4 minutes. Add several grinds of fresh black pepper.
- Olive Oil – Dancing Ewe Farm
- Butter – Ronnybrook Farm Dairy
- Spring Garlic – Taliaferro Farm
- Fresh Shell Peas – Migliorelli Farm